Several energy-efficient solutions (Part 2)

     6. Don’t overdo the heater and air conditioner. A 2 degree reduction in the heater in winter will help reduce 6% of CO2 emissions, equivalent to 191 kg of CO2.

7. Regularly clean and replace the filter. Energy is lost when air conditioners and heaters have to work “harder” to draw air through a dusty filter. Cleaning the filter will save 5% of energy and reduce 80kg of CO2 emissions.

     8. Use energy-saving compact bulbs for the best light efficiency. Although the initial investment cost is higher than conventional bulbs, compact bulbs in the long run will be more economical because they only use of the electricity and have a lifespan of 8-12 times longer than conventional bulbs. provides equivalent brightness. When lighting a normal bulb, only 10% of the electricity is used to light up and the remaining 90% of the electricity is only used to make the bulb heat up.

     9. Insulate your hot water heating system at a cost of only $ 10- $ 20 but will save 450 kg of gas for hot water heating

     10. Install a nozzle to reduce water flow to limit hot water use. It costs about $ 10- $ 20 but annually reduces about 650 kg of CO2 emissions and saves 200 kg of gas.

     11. Self-conditioning indoor / apartment. Seal up air leaks on windows or doors. This costs only about $ 1 per window and will reduce 2,500kg of CO2 emissions. Ask your supplier to do an energy audit to see if your home is energy efficient or not. This service can be either free or for a very small cost. Make sure they check your home heating and air conditioning system as well.

     12. Walk, bike, carpool or use public transport whenever possible. For example, if your car travels 30 km and consumes 1 gallon of gasoline, each year you reduce 3200km of travel will reduce 4000kg CO2 per year.

Renewable Sources of Energy: It’s Role

What is the role that renewable sources of energy have on the people that live in the United States? In some areas of the world, solar power and other types of natural energy forms are readily in use. In fact, in countries like Israel the push to find more ways to use solar power in […]

Types of Renewable Energy

Take some time to think about the many types of renewable energy. Do you know them all? Most people do not realize that there are so many types of renewable energy available and that is one of the problems with this type of energy. If more people knew about it, and its benefits, they would […]

What Is Renewable Energy?

What is renewable energy and how does it affect the future of the earth. No doubt you have heard how important conserving natural resources are. With modern technology advancing rapidly the depletion of natural resources has started to decrease in an alarming rate. If something is not done to counteract this problem soon the future […]

Advantages of Renewable Energy

There are many advantages to renewable energy but the biggest and most important one to think of is our future. Renewable energy resources can be replenished in a short period of time, naturally. This means we can never run out of a renewable energy source and we can depend on it to continue to provide […]

Environmental Impact of Renewable Energy

What are the environmental impacts of renewable energy? How can renewable energy improve or change our future for the better? These are important questions that are being asked on a regular basis. The possibility of running out of natural resources is a real threat and something that is on the minds of everyone. Something must […]

Examples of Renewable Energy Sources

People are trying to find new ways to replenish our earths resources. We need energy on a regular basis but the methods of getting our energy are running low. Gases prices are rising and other changes in the economy also make it more difficult. However, the need for energy will never go away. It is […]

Hydro Power: Renewable Energy

Hydro power is one renewable energy source that many people are considering as a viable option for the future. When you consider hydro power, renewable energy may be at its cleanest and its most natural form. Hydro power, or water power, is beneficial to anyone, anywhere. What you will find is that the use of […]

The Impact Of Renewable Energy

What is the impact of renewable energy on the current supplies of oil, natural gas and coal? This is one of the concerns that many people have. When researchers developed ways to harness renewable energy, such as wind power, solar power, waterpower and biomass, they looked for ways to offset the demand for other natural […]

What’s The Problem With Non Renewable Energy?

Non renewable energy is energy that is unable to be replenished. There is an argument that most types of energy can be renewed, but the problem is time. Some of today’s most sought after fossil fuels, such as coal, oil and natural gas, took thousands, if not millions of years to create. Plants and animals […]